Vegan Beef and Broccoli
Vegan Chinese food? YES.
This is my vegan version of Chinese Beef and Broccoli.
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil+ 2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp soy sauce + 2 tbsp
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (mirin)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 package seitan, chopped into strips
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- approx 2 cups broccoli, chopped
1. Steam broccoli until nearly done, or to desired crispness.
2. Meanwhile, saute the seitan in a bit of sesame oil with ginger and garlic until brown, about 3 minutes.
3. Combine hoisin, sesame oil, soy sauce, mirin in a bowl and set aside.
4. Add broccoli to seitan.
5. Add sauce.
6. Simmer for up to 5 minutes or until broccoli is fully cooked.
6. Garnish with green onions
You can add onions and peppers if you wish. Serve over rice or noodles.